Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Empire Today SUCKS

Do not buy carpet from Empire Today. I repeat:

DO NOT BUY CARPET FROM EMPIRE TODAY.

I know this post has nothing to do with my kids, but I have to warn you all. I love you too much to let you make the colossal mistake that Mike and I did. We bought carpet from Empire Today. Don't do it.

Your carpet will shed, posing a choking hazard to your children, and possibly your pets. You will spend a year a half of your life -- did you read that correctly?? oh yes, A YEAR AND A HALF -- trying to get someone from their incompetent customer service staff to remedy the situation. That is if you can actually get someone on the phone. You will spend two years scraping the carpet with your vacuum attachments because that is the only way you can get the loose fibers up and out of the way of your six month old's eyes that are screaming ooooo-what-can-I-put-in-my-mouth-now-ooooo-how-about-a-CHUNK-of-carpet?!! Your back will hurt from being hunched over that stuff they call carpet because you have to SCRAPE it to get it to look even half decent. Then you'll walk on it and it will look like it's 37 years old again. You may even be "lucky" enough to get the Regional Manager on the phone and you'll try to tell him your woe-ful story and all he knows how to say is "I'm sorry you're not happy." Seriously? Seriously???

So the next time you have $1,700 that you want to flush down the toilet, may I suggest something? Actually flush it down the toilet. Seriously. Flush that moolah rather than hand it over to the appalling company that is Empire Today. Just ask the same poor people out there that are going through the same thing that I am....http://empire-today.pissedconsumer.com/fraudulent-sales-practices-shoddy-materials-terrible-customer-service-20090209145117.html It's really scary how many unhappy people are out there because of Empire Today.

So save yourself. Save others. Pass this on to anyone that you care about. Or don't care about.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Geez Sarah, i am sorry you are going through that. And your right, it's amazing how many people are unhappy out there because of their carpet supplier choice.

Sarah of the Jones family said...

Sorry to put you through reading that, Jaime! (and all of my other readers).... I was caught up in the heat of the moment, since I had just gotten off the phone with the "Regional Manager" of the glorious company that is Empire Today. I felt a bit of a rant brewing that I just had to get out!!! :) And I really do want to save all of you the hassle of dealing with that so called company, if new carpet is needed in your future!

I hope you're doing well -- thanks for checking up on me and the fam! Talk to you soon!