Let me just start off this post by informing you all that I don't have any pictures of the kiddos to share today... Not yet anyway :) I just have a recent story that I would like to pass along in hopes that your interest to know what is going on with the little ones will be quenched. I'm trying to be better about this whole blogging thing, remember?? :)
And now, drumroll please!...... Caleb is getting ready to crawl, y'all!!!! Yesterday morning, under Mike's watchful(and lucky) eyes, Caleb slowly shoved his plump little body across Catelyn's room. All by himself! I was working on making myself presentable (the kids and I had a standing date with our playgroup) and when I went to gather the kids up so we could go, Mike told me of Caleb's new "first." After I picked my jaw up off of the floor, I proceeded to plop right down next to Caleb, willing him to do it again. As if he knew what I was waiting for, he pulled his knees up under his tummy, then stood up on his toes with his arms stretched out in front of him. I think they call this a "downward facing dog" in yoga?? (Don't ask me how I know this...) So in his new stance he starts to rock back and forth a few times, trying to figure out how he was going to get his hands to move forward without falling face-first onto the ground. After a few seconds of this rocking, Caleb got frustrated and just belly-flopped onto the floor. But even though he was right back where he started, he looked up at me with a big ol' grin on his face.
Did he get very far?? No. Did his momma's and daddy's hearts swell with pride over their son's latest achievement? Absolutely.
Distance gained is all relative. I am so proud of my little man :)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment